According to Mayflower’s 2018 Movers Insights study, the top five things that keep people from decluttering are:
- Thinking that they might have a need for a belonging in the future
- They have an emotional attachment to an heirloom
- Their spouse or significant other cannot come to a consensus as to what to keep and what to toss
- They have guilt about throwing away a gift from someone else
- They have guilt about disposing of items that they own and bought with their own money
Watch the video below to see the specific percentages surrounding this data.