The Mayflower day-specific, on-time delivery guarantee applies to most interstate non-household goods shipments. Any order that is delivered after the last day of the delivery spread will be eligible for compensation up to an amount equal to your billable linehaul charges, subject to terms and exclusions, including:
- The On-Time Delivery Guarantee does not apply to national account customers with contracts that include specific performance-based agreements or delay claim penalties.
- Brokers and other third-party logistics companies are not be eligible to receive compensation under the On-Time Delivery Guarantee.
- Delay claims should be made received by Mayflower within 90 days from delivery and, when applicable, compensation will be paid after Mayflower has received payment of its final invoice.
- Delays caused by “Force Majeure” are excluded from the On-time Delivery Guarantee. Force Majeure is defined as conditions that arise which are beyond Mayflower’s reasonable control, which include, but are not limited to,
- Acts of God, Government restrictions, wars, insurrections, terrorist activities, strikes, lockouts, labor disturbances, floods and fires. Such acts may allow Mayflower to be excused from performing its duties, or allow Mayflower to delay the performance of its duties.
See Mayflower’s applicable tariff for additional terms and exclusions.
Complete the below claim form if you believe you are eligible for On-time Delivery Guarantee compensation.