Packing Your Bedroom
Ready to start packing up your bedroom? Start the process off right by gathering all of the packing supplies you will need:
- Sturdy boxes with flaps that can be completely closed
- Packing paper
- Packing tape for sealing the boxes
- Felt tip markers for labeling the boxes
Your bedroom likely has a mix of both large, heavy furniture as well as soft items like linens and clothes. You can pack up these items more efficiently by following these easy moving tips:
Clothes & Linens
To reduce wrinkling, leave your clothes on their hangers and pack them into a wardrobe carton. One carton will hold about two feet of compressed clothing on hangers.
If you are not using wardrobe cartons, you should remove each piece of clothing from its hanger, fold them, and place them in a suitcase or a box lined with packing paper.
Protect linens like blankets, sheets, towels and pillowcases with a sheet of packing paper lining the bottom of your boxes.
Wrap small items like clocks and radios individually and pack them in a box cushioned with crushed paper.
Books & Photos
- Pack books with the spine down and the open side of the book facing up.
- Because books are usually very heavy, be sure to pack them into smaller boxes so they are still easy to carry.
- Protect framed photos and artwork by wrapping them individually in packing paper and stand them on their edges inside the box.
- If possible, carry heirloom items like old or irreplaceable photos with you to the next destination.
- Pack all of your boxes tightly with crumpled packing paper to prevent objects from shifting too much during the move.
When it comes to moving your bed, your moving company can supply you with a special mattress carton that will protect it from dirt and dust during the move.